Friday, February 20, 2009

I800A Worries/NBC Rocks

Well I'm so glad its Friday and the week is over! What a week it has been with all the ups and downs of our I800A. Ill start with Tue. I decided to call the NBC and ask on the status of our I800A thinking I would hear "Everything is fine we are just waiting on your fingerprint clearance." Well instead I hear "You have been sent a form requesting more information." More information on what?!!! "You need to talk to your Officer and a letter was mailed on the 11Th." So do you think I can reach a person? Right..... So I run to the mail box and the letter is there. They want a "Child abuse Registry Check " on Sannie from the state of CT where she goes to College. I'm not happy about this because our agency had sent our Home Study back 3 times for corrections but never thought we might need this?!!! OK so I get on the phone and start trying to reach someone at DCF in CT but of course I have dial up and I don't find the site til 4:45. Meanwhile I have left 5 messages with NBC and called our agency. Well our agency tells me they will email me the form Sannie needs to fill out and have her MAIL it back to them and then they will MAIL it to CT DCF. WHAT!!!! DCF has a fax number! Once they have it they will send a copy to our Home Study agency and they can do the addendum and then once they get that they will mail it all off to NBC. To say the least I went to bed sick to my stomach and crying. This could take a week if not more the speed our Home Study agency works.(Sherrie I hope you were enjoying FL.! Just kidding I really do hope you had a GREAT time. But I could have used your support:) I get up the next morning on a mission to have this all done by Friday when we get our Fingerprints taken. I call CT they give me a fax number directly to the person who does the clearance (really it was 6 calls before I got the right person) our NBC Officer (Who Rocks) calls me and gives me her fax number and tells me she doesn't what any addendum just fax the letter of clearance. I call our agency and tell them what I've been told AND by Thur afternoon I get a call back from NBC that our I800A has been approved pending our fingerprints passing!!!!! So Dong Dong Mommy will not let anyone try and delay us even a day more then necessary in bringing you home! And daddy helped so much making calls when mommy just didn't feel like she could talk to one more person from DCF. So I'm hoping we get our INS approval with in the next 2 weeks!

No comments: