Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sending our first package




I finally finished up the photo album to send in the package to Dong Dong today. WACAP will send a package that fits into a gallon size zip lock bag for us as soon as we are DTC. I thought a gallon size was bigger then it is but I still managed to squeeze a small blanket, stuffed monkey, matchbox car, photo album and a letter in. I hope they don't have a problem repacking it and keep something back. I've been imagining him sleeping at night snuggling with the blanket and holding onto the monkey. I wish we had a LID date but nothing yet. Linda at WACAP said they will call if we don't have one by the end of the week. Some days the waiting really sucks. Well, really it sucks everyday but some days like today are worse. Back to sending packages. After this one, we plan on sending one next month ourselves with more pictures and maybe a shirt. I'm also thinking of sending some things like toothbrushes and lolly pops for the other children and tea and candy for the care givers. Then we will have a service send a Birthday package in June. He turns 5 on June 19th. After that we will play it by ear on how long it will be till we travel. I don't want to get his hopes up we will be there soon but I don't want him to think we have forgotten him. Its so hard to put yourself in the mind of a 4 yr old you've never met.

No comments: