Sunday, January 4, 2015

Traveling without Lilly

This will be our 4th trip to China and the only one Lilly will not be with us. I am having very mixed emotions about this.  Lilly is a wonderful traveler! She is happy all the time, she doesn't complain, and she loves the adventure.  But Lilly is like this all the time.  When she is around me 90% of the time I feel relaxed and at peace.  Lil can help you see the good in anything.  Being away from all of my kids (even the one who doesn't live at home) is one of the hardest parts of this for me.  We have brought them with us before, when we traveled for Ollie San, Max and Lil went and when we traveled for Ted Ollie and Lil went. So why not this time? The cost. To add 3 extra travelers I guess would be at least an extra $6,000. And I can honestly say bonding.  I really feel we missed out on some special alone time with Ted by having the girls with us.  They were young enough to need our attention and it took time away from him and he wanted to be with them as much if not more then us. So just Ken and I will travel.  I am hoping for some quiet bonding time where we get to know her and she gets to know us.  I know from our first trip come day 8 I WILL want to come home. 

 

No comments: