Tuesday, October 20, 2009

All you really need

Now that we are winding down our stay here in China I thought I'd share with you our days and where we "lived".  I think when you are in a hotel more then a couple of days it becomes a home.  So these are some pictures of our "home" in China.  Here is my kitchen.  I prepared meals (pretty healthy ones too!)  Noodles, fruit, eggs, yogurt and sometimes desert!  This is our dinning room.  Cozy!  My laundry room.  I know what you are thinking that's a shower, a sink and a hair dryer!  No that's my washer, clothes line and dryer.  When you travel through the parts of China we have you see how little so many have.  The building are dirty and run down, wash is hanging out every window drying in the pollution, and car fumes.  The river makes the Connecticut look like clean drinking water.  My grocery store? 7-11 (boy I miss Shaw's).  Children play in the side walk in front of the store their parents are working in.  It makes me thankful for all that we have BUT I also realize we have so much more then we need.  I hope I can keep the sights, sounds AND smells with me to remind me that our luxuries could take care of so many others basic needs. 

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

So true Carrie. China, Guangzhou specifically, will always be first and foremost in my heart when I think of places I would love to travel to. And I try very hard when I'm finding myself complaining about something or other to think about what others lives are all about. It brings me to reality.